1. Create a MyJSA account. Your MyJSA account will allow you to start, save and continue your application online, at your convenience. To create a MyJSA account:
a. Click the ‘Register Now’ link below the Login box on the right side of the page.
b. Fill out the signup form. Fields marked with a red line are required, everything else is optional. You will see a second page after clicking the red Sign Up button on the lower left. Once all the required fields are filled out, click the Sign-Up button on the second page.
c. Once you’ve completed the Sign-Up form, check for your MyJSA account confirmation email. Click the first link in the email to create your MyJSA account password.
If you already have a MyJSA account, go to step #2.
2. Start your application. Once logged in to your MyJSA account, click the ‘Start New Institute Application’ link and provide the required information.
You have now successfully created your online application. You can either continue filling out the application, or click the ‘Save for Later’ link at the bottom of the application. If you save it for later, you will find your application under the ‘My Events’ tab when you login to your MyJSA account.
3. Complete your application. In order to complete your application, you must fill out the ‘My Personal Data’ tab as well as complete or submit all the application requirements. Once you have completed and submitted the application, JSA will notify you of your application status within two weeks.
Requirements for completing a Summer Institute application:
Your application will be complete once:
1. You select the institute to which you are applying.
2. In 150 words or less, please tell us about any leadership positions you hold or have held.
3. Write an essay of at least 500, but no more than 750 words about a political issue that you care about. The personal essay helps us understand you as a person and a student.
If you have questions about qualifications or the application process, contact us at:
- 800-334-5353 (US Admissions Office)
- 650-347-1600 (From outside the U.S.)
- Email at email@example.com