Young Women's Leadership Institute
Pre-College Women's Leadership Institute for High School Students
The program runs for five days. The dates for this program are August 4th - 9th.
First half: Barnard College, NY
Second half: Washington, DC
The tuition for this program is $1250 and covers rooming, on-campus meals and transportation during the institute. Need-based scholarships are available, however students must complete their application to the institute itself before applying for a scholarship.
Introducing a NEW JSA Summer Institute!
2018 was a historical year for Women in Politics. During the 2018 Midterm Elections, women broke records for the number of candidates and those elected for Governor, U.S. House and U.S. Senate and thousands of state and local offices. This mobilization of women into power serves as a catalyst to continue to inspire, educate and motivate our future generation of leaders. We also recognize there are many strides to be made in order to have female leadership more equally represented in all facets of our society. By engaging young women with a passion for politics and public life, we aim to support the emergence of a new generation of leaders in a variety of fields, with a specific focus on the opportunities and challenges that arise for women, as well as the value of building a supportive network of peers.
We will offer a holistic approach to providing guidance on strengthening all aspects of young women’s leadership abilities. This development will come in the form of:
- Networking with young women from across the country who are dedicated to making a difference in their communities and the world at large.
- Being part of a community living on a university campus, sharing ideas and experiences at the collegiate level, and visiting historic and cultural sites relevant to women's leadership.
- Learning about the art of women’s leadership, how to deal with gender inequality, and turning workplace challenges into opportunities from accomplished women in their field.
- Gaining practical real-world knowledge through conversations and networking with women leaders from a broad array of roles and sectors.
- Engaging in reflective activities to gain insight into personal leadership strengths, styles and development opportunities.